There Are Several Requirements For Receiving Home Health Care:
1. Your doctor signs a home health certification. The certification must also state that your doctor has approved a plan of care for you and that the face-to-face meeting requirement was met.
- Patient has face-to-face encounter in 90-days prior or 30-days after start of home health care with physician, advanced practice nurse, or physician assistant related to the condition(s) that necessitate home health care.
- Intermittent means you need care at least once every 60 days and at most once a day for up to three weeks. This period can be longer if you need more care, but your care needs must be predictable.
- Medicare defines skilled care as care that must be performed by a skilled professional, or under their supervision.
- A short-term basis is usually 6 weeks or less.
*For those not covered by Medicare, Medicaid, or Private Insurance payment arrangements can be made through Mother’s Touch*